Disparate Liberal Debutante

I've moved! CLICK HERE! to go to my new blog...

5/04/2006

Living at the mercy of my parents...

I haven't really lived with A and P (mom and stepdad) for about, 3 years or so now. I moved out at the end of grade 11 for good. It's not that I was a horrible kid and got kicked out or anything, its that they were moving away from the city and I didn't want to switch highschools that far in. So I got a basement room and lived there. Then booted on over to University and lived in res. Now, I'm in London, living wtih my parents again. The apartment is small and temporary, for my purposes I'll be here for 4 months. So here is the thing, P is somewhat...not cool. And I dont mean, not cool as in he wears a fanny pack (which he does, but that's irrelevant right now.) I mean not cool like he purposly finds ways to make life that much more crappy for me. Its bad enough that I have to live wtih my parents over my 19th birthday, but tonight I was told that I'm not allowed to have anyone over, at all, ever. ...That blows. Metroid was going to come over Sunday and we were going to kick it like the old days (aka watch hockey and drink copious amounts of beer...) but she's not allowed. AHHHHH! Not allowed!! I guess I need to get used to have someone over me again, but really it seems like they're being a bit unfair with this. The next thing that comes up, is that I'm no longer allowed to sleep past 10 am for the rest of this week, and starting Monday I am to get up at 8. 8 freaking am. I don't see 8 am unless that's when I'm going to bed. I am completely nocturnal, that's just what I've developed over the past little while. I go to bed around 6 or 7 am, and I wake up around 4 or 5 pm. It has been working perfectly for me, and I really don't see why it is of their concern when I sleep, I think it would be different if I was being a bum, but like...I have 3 job interviews next week, all of which - in case you were wondering - will have midnight shifts that I will be asking for. Next on the 'my parents suck' list is that they are moving to Guelph. That's okay, they don't suck for that, I don't really care where they live. They are moving there in September, and tonight at dinner P started talking about a new house, and how I will be living in it. I chimed in reminding him that my plan is to head off to BC to live in Victoria and go to UVIC. ...P's response to this was "No you're not. You'll see." I'll see? I'll see what?... You holding me back ... yet again? That was kind of the breaking point. I sat there through the stupidness of not being able to have people over, and having to wake up at 8 am, but then they top it off by telling me I'm not going to BC?? In my previous years I would have sat there and cried and faught and argued. Tonight I got up, put my dishes away, did the rest of the dishes and went back to my ...1/2 room to watch a Japanese movie I rented. (Love those Japanese films!) So now I need to say sorry to the Punk, he told me this was going to happen, and I swore up and down the wall that I would be fine living with my parents, and that everything was going to be alright. I said that I would be able to deal with everything they dished out, and that 4 months really wasn't that long and that I would be fine. Now after night number 2 of living with them I have been shown that I am totally wrong, and I should probably look into packing my bag and heading to my aunts for the rest of the summer. There is no internet there, but I could fix that with one simple call to Rogers. So Punk - you were right, and now you get to listen to me bitch and complain about my parents all summer. - Kian
|| Kian, 5:11:00 PM