Disparate Liberal Debutante

I've moved! CLICK HERE! to go to my new blog...

5/22/2006

Monday Morning Music part 4

Imogen Jennifer Jean Heap, best known for her works in Frou Frou (please, watch Garden State immediately if you don’t know the song “Let Go” by Frou Frou from that soundtrack. Its…phenomenal.) I downloaded almost every single song off of Frou Frou’s album Details, and then went out and bought it knowing very little about the band or the singers. I went to go pay for the album and the extraordinarily cute guy at the counter asked if I had ever heard her sing solo. I confessed that no - I was a newbie to her tunes and asked if he had anything to hear. (Half because I wanted to, but half because he was so darned cute.) He broke out Imogen Heap’s album Speak For Yourself and played me the, apparently popular, Hide and Seek. I fell in love and bought that album too. Here you can access her i-blog and here her moBlog that has a ton of great pictures from her shows. And of course like everyone else these days, she’s got a MySpace page. And finally, this page, has all of her lyrics and my absolute favorite picture of her in the entire world. This time instead of posting a slew of lyrics, I’m just going to post my entire favorite song. That last link will take you to a page where you can read all her lyrics, and on her MySpace page you can listen to some of her tunes! And I highly suggest you do. She’s amazing. Also, the love of my life George did an interview with her on The Hour, but I can’t seem to find the clip. If/when I do, I’ll post it.
Say goodnight and go Skipping beats Blushing cheeks I am struggling Daydreaming Bed scenes in The corner cafe And then i'm left in bits Recovering tectonic Tremblings You get me every time Why do you have to be so cute It's impossible to ignore you Must you make me laugh so much It's bad enough we get along so well Say goodnight and go Follow you home You've got your headphones on And you're dancing Got lucky, beautiful shot You taking everything off Watch the curtains wide open Then you fall in the same routine Flicking through the TV Relaxed and reclining And you think you're alone Oh why do you have to be so cute It's impossible to ignore you Must you make me laugh so much It's bad enough we get along so well Say goodnight and go One of these days You'll miss your train And come stay with me Say goodnight and go We'll have drinks And talk about things Any excuse to stay awake with you You'll sleep hereI'll sleep there But then the heating may be down again At my convenience We'd be goodWe'd be great together Why do you have to be so cute It's impossible to ignore you Must you make me laugh so much It's bad enough we get along so well Say goodnight and go Why's it always always Goodnight and go Oh darling not again Goodnight and go
|| Kian, 1:29:00 AM