Disparate Liberal Debutante

I've moved! CLICK HERE! to go to my new blog...

5/16/2006

My TV for the night....

My “Loser Hippy Girl” TV show was on tonight, I found out the name of it is Popular.Tonight’s episode was about Harrison’s mom (friend of the “loser girls”) who turns out to be gay. How do the girls find this out? Well, they go to the mom because she apparently had a fling with George Stephanopoulos (How hilarious is that when compared with George Stroumboulopoulos?) in high school and they want him to come in to be a guest speaker. While they’re talking to her, a woman comes up, says some things and portrays some actions that they’re an intimate couple. The girls decide that they want *her* to be the speaker instead! Which I thought was awesome…until the scrapped the idea because when they went out to get nominations the reaction they got from one girl was “why do you want someone gay? It may be trendy, but I still think it’s gross and wrong.” So to spare Harrison from embarrassment, they scrap the idea. Later in the show Harrison almost accepts that his mother is gay, and smiles after nominating her himself. Yeah, that’s lovely. What really irks me about this show is that so far, it’s always the “loser”ish group that has to go through real problems. The “popular” kids have to deal with problems like finding movie stars so that they can make sure their style is okay for the season. I think Sam, the main girl, is a really great girl. She’s a super role model; she’s intelligent and really has a good firm grip on what the world is all about. But she’s seen as this big loser that none of the popular or cool girls want to have anything to do with. I know, fitting in with the cool girls isn’t what life is about – but for girls watching it, if they want to be cool, they’re going to try and be exactly opposite of Sam. They’ll be self absorbed bitches like the popular girls are. Weird show. I need to stop watching the kids channel… In addition to that TV that I watched, Scrubs was on too. That show is mighty hilarious. Tonight, Jack (A kid who is like…3 I think…) walked into his mom’s room (she thought he was fully potty trained at this point) and says “I pooped in my bed, so I put it on the TV” and for some reason, I cracked up laughing. I don’t usually laugh at poop jokes, but it was hysterical. Just the way things are written in that show, are phenomenal. I love JD <3
|| Kian, 8:12:00 PM