Disparate Liberal Debutante

I've moved! CLICK HERE! to go to my new blog...

6/10/2006

No link found between childhood cancer & income

Whenever I read something like this, I smile. I hate to read stories about how lower income individuals are more likely to be sick, to wait longer for health care, to die faster and so on. So it is kind of neat to find out that children living in the poorest neighbourhoods aren't more likely to have cancer than those in the richer neighbourhoods.
.....In summary, although selective under- or overreporting of certain types of childhood tumors by socioeconomic status or a potential causal relation between some aspects of socioeconomic status and childhood cancers cannot be excluded, the overall pattern that we observed seems highly compatible with random variability....
Wooo Whoo for random variability! -metroid
|| Kian, 5:08:00 PM