Disparate Liberal Debutante

I've moved! CLICK HERE! to go to my new blog...

6/24/2006

One more for today...

This is more or less a mini rant rather than a real post. I'm spending the majority of this weekend helping out my brother. He is moving into a house with the wifey and three kids. So today I babysat for most of the day while they loaded teh trucks and moved all their shit. So after the long day of moving and blah blah blah we went back to my brother's for bbq and such. ...Now, I know that my bro smokes the dope. That's not news at all to me. What IS news to me is that his gf does. ...And for some reason that really bothers me. Her daughter came outside to chill with us (she is 5...) but her mom sent her in because she wanted to smoke some dope. ...So I went in with the daughter and played downstairs with her. I haven't figured out why this bothers me. I guess in this case I'm connecting pot with being irresponsible. Here you have a little girl that wants some attention, but you blow her off to smoke pot with your boyfriend and his 2 buddies? Something just seems wrong. when you make the decision to have a baby you're making the decision to give up a lot of your life. You're making the decision to focus as much attention, love and care that is needed to nurture that childs life... not so you can tell them to go away when you want to get stonned. I might be over reacting. I don't know. But it just seemed wrong to me. And when I have a kid (err, adopt one) I probably won't smoke pot again. And IF I do, it will be when they have long fallen asleep or if they're away on vacation. Not when they are down in teh basement.
|| Kian, 4:38:00 PM