Disparate Liberal Debutante

I've moved! CLICK HERE! to go to my new blog...

6/12/2006

Sentience is annoying...

I'm not a huge animal rights person, or freak out over animal testing. But, I do think testing on animals for some products like makeup, shampoo, razors...etc. My friends and I led a protest against Gilette a while back, I even have a couple pictures of it. Anyway, Jen at Ideal bite wrote a pretty funny article with her opinion on animal testing...
You know, I am (almost) fine with testing possible cures for cancer and AIDS on chimpanzees, but testing cosmetics on bunnies? Seems unnecessarily cruel. Sure maybe if we squeezed that whole can of mouse in our eyes we would suffer temporary blindness or if we guzzled the whole bottle of shampoo we would poop bubbles and have some other more serious health ramifications, but I say, "so be it if you are that dumb."
Ha ha...it's true though, I understand that accidents happen, but...I think we know enough about regular shampoos that we don't need to be buring the eyes of animals and ect. But instead 100 - 200 million animals worldwide are used and subsequently killed anually, inside universities, animals farms etc. This wikipedia article goes into detail about different species and such. It's pretty interesting.
|| Kian, 11:28:00 AM