Disparate Liberal Debutante

I've moved! CLICK HERE! to go to my new blog...

7/24/2006

Ah...this is what I like...

When bloggers that I sort of like, guest-blog on a blog I'm starting to like. THEN I have two reasons to keep going. Lindsay, aka Majikthise, is guest blogging at Feministing. Now, the whole reason I originally was reading Feministing was because of The Punk and how he would blabber on about it from time to time. Then I read it a bit more, and stumbled onto the girls myspace pages... only to realize they're not only fantastic writers, but they're pretty hype people who listen to some stellar music. Therefore, I will add Feministing to my blog roll and keep reading. Anyway, Linday's first post was on a mother who had her children taken away from her, and now... wants them back. My thoughts on this are pretty simple. You have a baby, you're now have an immediate obligation to be a responsible adult. If you're not... the kid needs to get taken from you. Depending on what you did to make you deemed 'unfit' should determine the lengeth to which you need to abide by to appeal the decision. For example, if you're a drug addict... sober up for a year. If you beat the kid... you never get to appeal. If you were poor and not providing basic necessities for the kid... get a stable job for 6 months. Annnd so on. So why am I a jerk and say this lady should never have her kids back? I doubt most of you will read the 10 page article (except for the punk...because...he does stuff like that.) but she had an abusive husband whom she didn't keep away from the children, she repeatedly abused drugs even after treatment, she lied to the children's aid people... and etc. So there's a relatively long list deeming her to be an unfit parent. I judge people, thats what I do best. And I am judging her, perhaps unfairly, but I don't think so, as someone who should never have her children back. Visiting rights and all that snazz, sure, why not? But she barly even comes off as being able to take care of herself, let alone...5 or 6 kids. Its sad, but children are too fragile and important to gamble with.
|| Kian, 8:26:00 PM