Disparate Liberal Debutante

I've moved! CLICK HERE! to go to my new blog...

7/03/2006

Maybe I should just accept it...

The first bit of this story is going to sound a bit strange... but it's explainable. My boyfriend set me up on a date. One of his friends was going to a wedding and needed a date, or wanted a date... I don't really know which, to go with him. So Jord volunteered me, after asking my permission... So I decide I should get to know this guy a little bit since he is Jord's best friend and such. So we were in the reception talking about things, and he started asking me questions. It was at this moment in time that I realized...I'm not cool, and I might just be a nerd. He asked me "So what about dating?" and I quickly responded without thinking ..."Like carbon dating?" ...oops. He later was explaining to me about a girl he has met on many occasions, and how their lives keep running into each other. And I said "Oh! Kind of like a braided stream!" ...he apparently doesn't know about water geomorphology... Later on he asks if he can go through my purse - because apparently you can tell a lot about a person by going through their purse. (He made it very clear that I could say no, or take things out of the purse first...but I have nothing to hide.) He got to my wallet, and pulled out my EB Games membership card... "EB Games?" ...a little embarassed I try to think of an excuse that wouldn't make me sound like a huge nerd... "Uh yeah, I only got it because when I bought starcraft I got $2 off..." As you can see, I failed on trying to skip over nerdsville. And finally, he asked me a question that I heard as "So do you go to lan parties?" and I thought he was making a joke about all the geeky things that had happened that night, and I gave hima really dirty look and said "no, I don't lan..." ...and he looked at me very confused. "I asked if you go to Ceeps parties..." (Ceeps being the unviersity bar here.) *sigh* At the end of the night, he said "listen, I'm going to call you. I could really use some help with my comptuer." ...D'oh.
|| Kian, 11:38:00 AM